Portland, OR—Mar. 29, 2021—SheerID, the identity marketing platform used by hundreds of leading brands around the world, announced that SheerID’s senior vice president of engineering, Janice LIttle, is a featured panelist at the Technology Association of Oregon event “Creating Growth for Women in Tech” taking place on Tuesday, March 30th, 2021.
In celebration of Women’s History Month, the Technology Association of Oregon, the UK Department for International Trade, and London & Partners are hosting the interactive conversation. The event discussion will focus on the challenges and opportunities toward supporting a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce contributing to a call for ‘An International Challenge to Create Growth for Women In Tech’.
“Equality and diversity can help businesses succeed not only financially, but also when attracting and retaining great talent”, said Janice Little, SheerID SVP of Engineering. “Providing career opportunities for everyone can accelerate personal and professional growth when thoughtfully done, and is something I’ve been conscious of while growing our team.”
The discussion centers on questions about the current state and future potential for gender equity in the workplace including:
- How can the technology industry help reduce the gender gap in STEM – science, technology, engineering, and math education?
- How can technology companies create a healthy and diverse talent pipeline, provide a comparable wage, and support employee growth once hired?
- And, as businesses continue to expand locally and globally how can those diversity and inclusion priorities translate to new countries and teams?
A 2020 report from McKinsey & Company titled “Diversity wins: How inclusion matters” found that companies with a diverse workforce perform better, hire better talent, have more engaged employees, and retain workers better than companies that do not focus on diversity and inclusion. Still, women remain widely underrepresented in tech roles, and overall, women technologists only make up 28.8% of the tech workforce today.
The global pandemic has magnified the stress of work-life integration for millions of women – causing scores to leave their careers altogether. The business case for inclusion and diversity is stronger than ever.
Featured Speakers include:
- Pru A., Head of Key Accounts | London & Partners
- Joy Jones, Trade & Investment Associate | Department for International Trade (DIT)
- Janice Little, Sr. VP of Engineering | SheerID
- Abby Miles, Sr. Director of People | OpenSesame
- Helen Moore, Head of US Tech | Department for International Trade (DIT)
- Zara Nanu, CEO | Gapsquare
- Cara Turano (she, her), COO | Technology Association of Oregon
SheerID is the leader in identity marketing. With SheerID, brands identify and acquire consumer tribes — such as the military, students, teachers, and more — with personalized offers, gated by instant verification from the largest set of authoritative data worldwide. SheerID verifies over 2.5 billion people via 9,000 authoritative data sources; provides global insights from over 200 of the world’s leading brands, and never shares or sells customer data. As a result, the world’s biggest brands — including Amazon, Lowe’s, Spotify, and T-Mobile — rely on SheerID as their identity marketing partner. Founded in 2011, SheerID is backed by Arnold Venture Group, Centana Growth Partners, CVC Growth Partners, and Voyager Capital.